Each year I make a list of goals and I stay motivated to finish them for about two weeks and then I just go about living life. This year, I actually understand the importance of goals and why so many people thrive from accomplishing them. I have spent countless hours coming up with New Years Goals that it has been harder to truly know what I want to do this year.
After hours and hours of thinking and writing down many ideas, I have finally found what has been calling me this entire time. I came up with a list of five New Years Goals, that are all unique in their own way. My goals are a mixture between things I have tried before and some new things. I am excited to start everything and can’t wait to see where my goals take me.
My New Years Goals are:
1. Learn how to blog- I always knew that I was going to make a positive difference in the world whether it was sharing my life experiences or paying it forward. I decided to start blogging because I want to be able to help other make it through a difficult time or find some inspiration in a project.
2. Learn to write calligraphy- I love fancy handwriting and what better way to express your love than learning how to do it. I started taking a calligraphy class at the beginning of the year and each day when I start a new lesson I get even more excited. I am still in the learning process but once I get further along I will share some of what I have learned.
3. Making Hand Stamped Necklaces- I love making arts and crafts, growing up, my mom would always participate in craft fairs and I would get to go with her. My mom is very artistic and that is one thing I absolutely adore about her and she inspires me to always try new things. These hand stamped necklaces are something my mom and I will be doing together and it is very exciting to be able to do something with my mom.
4. Learn to speak Spanish- I grew up with a bilingual grandmother and I was always fascinated with how she spoke. I would always listen to her phone calls and try to pick out words and eventually I was able to understand some of the things she said. When I got into high school and it became a requirement to take a foreign language so of course I took Spanish. Since, I had a basic understanding of Spanish it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, however, once I graduated high school I stopped speaking Spanish and have lost all of my roots. My goal is to be able to get back to speaking Spanish and further my understanding of the language.
5. Learn how to crochet- I started to learn how to crochet in elementary school, it was an extra curricular activity that was offered to at my school and since my mom was always doing these crafty projects, crocheting was something that I wanted to try. I decided that I wanted to start chrocheting again because it would be a way that I could give back to the cancer society. I want to be able to crochet hats and blankets so i can donate them to those that need them. When I started losing my hair, it was devastating and without those beautiful hats at the cancer center I wouldn’t have felt comfortable. Now I didn’t lose all of my hair but those hats definitely covered up the thinning of my hair. I would be honored to be able to give back to a community that helped me and I cannot wait to get started.
My New Years Goals have a lot of meaning to me, these are things that I have though long and hard about so it excites me to see where they take me. Each goal is meaniningful in their own way and after everything that happened to me last year, I want to accomplish every goal I make. This year will be full of excitement and opportunity and I plan on taking advantage of everything thrown my way.