2018 Goals Reflection
Wow it’s New Years Eve already, I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by. In fact it seems just like yesterday was only August. This year was a pretty wild roller coaster. I tried new things, I went to new places and I overcame one of life’s toughest battles. It was a pretty adventurous year.
I made goals at the beginning of the year which you can read here and I wanted to give you all an update on how my goals are going (well I only have one day left but I still tried all of them). This year got pretty busy, I went back to school full time and went back to working. I was working on finding myself and my happiness more than anything.
I spent most of the year lost and really depressed which sucks but once I stopped letting the darkness control me, I actually really enjoy being alive and living life to the fullest everyday. I had to learn the hard way on the importance of keeping my mental health in check and have cut a lot of people out of my life because they only bring the negative out in me.
I have a lot of goals I make and I make the most out of each and every one of my goals. I try something and if I don’t like it then I learn from the experience. Some of my goals from 2018 were not my favorite but I tried each and every one of them so here is a reflection on my 2018 Goals.
- Learn How to Blog- I won’t lie, this one was challenging. When I was going through the worst of my depression I stopped blogging because I couldn’t share my story if I honestly didn’t think my story was going to continue. When someone had reached out to me and told me how much my story impacted their life, I knew I had to continue blogging. It was tough at first but once I continued writing, it just got easier.
- Learn How to Write Calligraphy- I wasn’t lying when I said that I would try something out of the ordinary and I do love fancy handwriting but not it wasn’t really something I saw myself doing. I tried it out and did it for a couple of months but this was meant to be something my mom and I were going to do together but she got really busy and I didn’t want to do calligraphy anymore.
- Making Hand Stamped Necklaces- This goal was actually one of my favorites. I love making these necklaces and will continue to do so. I make them all the time, I made all of my family an Alaska one for our trip in July. I am working on getting it to where I will be able to sell them on my blog but that it still an ongoing process. But stay tuned.
- Learn to Speak Spanish- This is still an ongoing process, I am not fluent but I am working on it. I have been listening to podcast in Spanish and have been getting better at understanding them. I continue to practice everyday.
- Learn how to Crochet- So finished my blanket, I know it’s not crocheting but its is the start. This is the only goal I didn’t fully try. I have learned how to crochet in the past so hopefully I will be able to relearn soon. I do like doing arts and crafts, it makes me feel at peace. I’m excited to get going on it soon.
Well there is my 2018 goals reflection. It was a wild ride but I am looking forward to 2019 and all that life has to offer. I’ve learned to live in the now and make the best out of everyday. Here is to 2019 and Happy New Year everyone!!!