20 Interesting Facts about Me
The crazy part about my life is that I am finally on the path that God intended for me. I am no longer living my life to be the perfect daughter, student, significant other or person in general. I am just me and honestly I love it.
Since finding my new self, I realize that not many people know much about me. I am not the same person that I was in high school and I’m most certainly not the same person I was last year. I have overcame challenges and have gone on many new adventures. I love trying new things and have even found a new love for life that is just so amazing.
I wanted to share 20 random facts with you guys just so you can get an idea of the person behind the computer. I’m an open book and while there are many things in my life that are guarded, I love sharing little tidbits about my life. So here are 20 things you probably didn’t know about me.
1.I love the ocean- I have lived in Colorado my entire life and I definitely consider myself a mountain girl but the crazy thing is, I would rather live near the ocean. I feel a sense of calmness when by the ocean and I am just drawn to water. My goal in life is to own a beach house so I can stay in Colorado but go on vacation to the beach during summer months.
2. Teaching is my passion- Growing up I knew I wanted to do something big and I always thought that meant being a marine biologist or a mechanical engineer. I never even thought about teaching until this past March. Fun fact: I had a dream about becoming a teacher and in the spur of the moment I changed my degree and it was the best decision I have made this year because I love being the mentor that I needed throughout high school.
3. This one is kinda deep… I have a drinking problem- It takes a lot to admit something like that but unfortunately it is true. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with having a glass of wine or drinking a beer one night after work but I can’t just drink one drink. There used to be a time where I would sneak alcohol into my bedroom when my parents were asleep and I would drink until I went numb. I am working on that, right now I am doing a 30 day cleanse from alcohol and it’s been 8 days. I know I can do this, I just need to remember that I don’t need to drink to have fun.
4. I love to draw- Drawing is something that I can spend hours doing, I don’t think I am an amazing artist but it is something that I find fun and honestly, if I like drawing then there is no one that can stop me. I will continue to draw and I guess they say practice makes perfect so I will keep practicing.
5. I am a goofball- I love having fun, I love messing around, I love playing jokes. That is who I am. I used to be afraid of actually letting people meet the real Kylie, but honestly I make the best out of everyday and mess around quite often. I know when to be serious but I choose to be a goof. Like Dr. Seuss says “You have to be odd to be number one”
6. I am one of four siblings- I have an older sister, Karissa and two younger brothers; Caleb and Corbin. Out of all my siblings, Caleb and I are the closest. He is my rock, my best friend and next to me the biggest goofball I have ever met. There is never a dull moment with my siblings and while we may not get along all the time, I still love them.
7. I have been diagnosed with both anxiety and depression- Part of the reason why I try to make light of every situation is because of my anxiety and depression, there was a time in my life where I felt nothing. I stayed home all the time and did nothing. I didn’t know what was wrong and let both of these mental illnesses live my life. I still struggle with both of these, but thanks to therapy and some medication I have been able to keep them at bay.
8. I hate swimming pools- yes, the girl that love the ocean and lakes and rivers hates swimming pools. That doesn’t mean I won’t go swimming but I won’t stay in the pool very long. My reasoning behind not liking swimming pools is because when I was little I used to think there was an octopus in the pool (yes I know there is no octopus in the pool but I’m still traumatized) plus I get kind of grossed out being in pools.
9. I love sports but soccer is my favorite- I grew up playing sports but the one that I was able to actually get into was soccer. I don’t have to think when playing, I just go. Even now, I love watching my brothers play and visualize how they see the field. Soccer is my escape sometimes when I play it, it feels like all my worries are gone and I don’t have a millions thoughts running through my head.
10. I am not a cat person- I actually have a cat, her name is Elsa Nightfurry and she is my favorite pet, she might as well be a person because she doesn’t act like a cat but I am not a cat person at all. I love animals and I love my cat but cats are needy (well my mom’s cats are) and they never leave me alone when I am around them. No offense to cat people but I would rather have a dog that I can take on a walk and doesn’t constantly bother me. But if I had to choose between a dog and a cat, I’d choose a dog.
11. I love country music- I don’t care what anyone thinks, country music is amazing. I listen to it all the time, in fact country music is the only music that I actually listen to lyrics for. Usually, I just listen to the music and never listen to lyrics but with country music I can relate to some songs but I like the music. So if you see me with headphones I am most likely listening to country music.
12. I love being outside- I feel the freedom of being outside and will spend hours just sitting outside. I mean I took a 3 hour nap in a hammock the other day so I don’t mind sleeping outside. I love exploring and going new places sometimes I even go outside and just write, it is my comfort zone and my troubles go away when I can just sit outside and bask in the sun.
13. I give way too many chances- I’m the type of person who sees the good in everyone, I ignore the negative and no matter how many times someone messes up I will always give them another chance. I don’t necessarily see that as a negative thing but it definitely has its downfalls. I give chances until I can’t take the stress or hurt anymore. I wish people would change but it happens over and over again.
14. I love tattoos- I currently have 4 tattoos but I’m am getting more. I like expressing myself in art and I love all of my tattoos. Zara Barrie once said “My tattoos remind me of who I am when I start to feel my identity getting blurred in the thick of life. They root me when I start to lose myself. They are about memorializing something so important it needs to be engraved on my skin.” When I get a tattoo it helps me remember who I am and my tattoos are me.
15. My favorite athlete is Derek Jeter- I am a big baseball fan, I love watching baseball but for years my favorite athlete has been Derek Jeter. He has such a positive vibe when it comes to the game he plays that it was awesome to watch him play. I like athletes that have good sportsmanship so it is pretty cool when your favorite athlete makes such a big impact on the world around them.
16. I am a big WWE fan- yes, I watch “wrestling” it’s very entertaining and when you go through a life changing illness, sometimes the best thing to get your mind off of things is to watch something that isn’t real because it makes your real life problems go away for a bit. Plus it gives me new moves to try on my brothers (don’t actually try it at home lol)
17. I hate sitting still- I have to always be doing something, I just can’t sit sill no matter how hard I actually try to just sit still. I’m either drawing, writing or fidgeting. I think at this point my friends just got used to me jumping around conversations or messing with something in my hands. I can’t sit still because my brain functions on a complete fast pace.
18. My favorite fruit is pineapple- I love sweets, I love fruit but my favorite fruit is pineapple which lucky for me is sweet so I’m definitely winning.
19. I have a weird clothing style- I don’t really follow a trend of fashion, but if you really want to put labels on it, I guess I dress somewhere between boho and hipster. I really just wear what I want and just go. I don’t match clothing, I always wear shoes, I wear different patterns. But I honestly don’t care what people think of my fashion choices, I like what I wear so what does it matter.
20. I had a hard time coming up with 20 facts about me- I am such an open book that I couldn’t find different things to talk about. I struggled with this blog really because I just like talking but have a hard time actually talking about me. I’m random, I’m weird, I care way too much but not enough and that is really who I am. I spent majority of my life living a life that I thought my parents wanted for me instead of just living for myself. I destroyed myself but was able to find a new me and I am absolutely in love with myself that I don’t have the time to actually pay attention to anyone else’s opinions on me.
The whole point of me doing this blog was to show others that it’s okay to live a life outside of the normal. I embrace my weirdness, my struggles and my entire crazy life. These 20 interesting facts are just a little bit about me, but I think they give you a good idea about the person that I am.